Agent 99′s Tips
Welcome! Agent 99 is our company icon; she reminds us that we’re working for REALTORs® every day of the week and that we must keep our focus on your needs and enhancements for the future.
We have included below a great list of Agent 99′s Best Practices that will help working REALTORS®, maximize the ease of use and benefits from the SentriLock system. Be sure to check our our news magazine, Agent 99′s Best Practices here. And check back often for updates!
These practices will also help ensure that the lockbox will function properly and for its normal lifespan. Please consider the following tips, and visit the provided links for additional details on any of the items. If you have suggestions, email us here.
- Always hang your REALTOR® lockbox vertically. Whether the box is on a door, a hand rail, or another location, you will want to hang the box vertically. The box is designed to allow water to pass through, should it be exposed to rain. If the box is laying on its side or back, it could gather water inside the box and become damaged or non-functional.
- If you have a Gen I or Gen II lockbox (the silver boxes) use a protective cover if the box is exposed to the elements. This will help protect the box not only from the weather, but also from general wear and tear. These are available for sale on website’s shopping cart.
- Always assign your REALTOR® lockbox to the listing. There are many benefits to assigning your lockbox to a listing. With the box assigned, it will be much easier to locate the appropriate box on the website when looking at your list of lockboxes. This will also allow the lockbox access report to show the assigned listing address. Click here for a PDF with step by step instructions to assign your lockbox to a listing, or click here for our tutorial YouTube video.
- Renew your card after assigning a lockbox to a listing, or making any customization changes. Your card is a messenger between the lockbox and the website. To ensure that all information gets to the website, it is best to renew your card after taking any actions at a lockbox. Renewing the card several times a day, or before the expiration date, will not hurt the card.
- Lock the lockbox keypad after assigning a lockbox to a listing, or taking it off a listing. Locking the lockbox keypad preserves battery life. Normal battery life is 4 – 6 years depending on your lockbox model. However, battery life can be shortened if your lockbox keypad is constantly illuminating due to accidental button pushing during storage or use. Keypads can easily be unlocked by inserting a card into the box. Click here for a PDF with step by step instructions on how to lock the keypad on your Lockbox.
Tutorial Videos can be found on our YouTube Channel. The following videos in particular may be helpful to you:
If further assistance is still needed, you can obtain free support from SentriLock in one of the following ways:
- SentriLock Card Utility or REALTOR® Lockbox Web Site: The best way to reach SentriLock support is via our support website. Click the Support button on the toolbar in the REALTOR® Lockbox Web Site or SentriLock Card Utility. Click Add Ticket to send a message to SentriLock Support.
- E-mail: You can send e-mail to SentriLock support on your own or from the Tech Support Page.
- Telephone: If you prefer to contact SentriLock support via the telephone, call our toll free number: 1-877-736-8745. We are available 7 days a week from 8am – Midnight EST.